lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Ragaller <ragal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website layout
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 08:59:23 GMT
Hi Andreas

Am 13.05.2008 um 10:30 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:

> Thomas Comiotto schrieb:
>> Hi Jürgen
>>>
>>> I gave the colouring a try - got carried away a bit...
>>>
>> Nice!
>> The links stick out a too much in my view.
>
> IMO we should use the standard link colors.
>
> http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990502.html (mistake #8)
> http://www.bohmann.dk/articles/against_non_standard_link_colors.html

I'd use a darker color for links (and underline them)
and a lighter color (or grey)for visited links (and underline them)
Such a styling would still follow good usability / accessibility
practice, as links / visited links are still clearly distinguishable
from other text with / without colour vision (underline / contrast).

I agree, the blue / violett standard supports the user somewhat more,
but I find the standard link colours often problematic when it comes
to design.

Jürgen

null-oder-eins GmbH Zürich
web & graphic design