lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Removing source extensions (was: [blog] creating new entries)
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:56:30 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking into fixing a bug that is occurs when you are trying to
> create a new entry in the blog pub.
>
> http://lenya.zones.apache.org:9999/blog/authoring/feeds/all/index.html?&lenya.usecase=site.create
>
> will give
> Cannot write to source
> [lenya://lenya/pubs/blog/content/authoring/entries/2006/04/12/test/index/index_en.xml.meta]:
not locked!

> Somebody an idea, why that happens and how to fix it?

I guess it's related to the recent changes regarding the
source extensions.

IMO we should get rid of the source extensions entirely.
They create a lot of confusion and make the codebase more
complex and error-prone.

Let's just do it like this:

   <uuid>
   <uuid>.meta

   index.meta

regardless of the document / resource type.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org