lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [1.4] Separate API and Implementation?
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:16:25 GMT
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:

[...]

> Another very nice solution would be to split up the
> core into modules or Cocoon blocks:
>
> - core-api
> - core-impl
>
> Modules would depend only on the core-api module/block
> (and other modules), which would ensure that they don't
> reference internal classes or interfaces.

Hmmm - I just noticed that this doesn't make sense.
The separation between API and implementation should be
orthogonal to modularization, for instance to allow that
modules provide their own API.

IIUC Cocoon's "real blocks" should even support polymorphism
at block level, which means that multiple blocks can implement
a specific interface.

-- Andreas