lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: usecase-policies config path hardcoded within global-sitemap ...
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:51:49 GMT
Michael Wechner schrieb:

[...]

> I haven't checked how this transformers works, but in the case of the
> menu transformer one can speed it up a lot by checking it's actually
> needed (authoring) or not (live)

You're right, but this has to be configurable, since it cannot
be applied generally. Some publications need the usecase policies
in the live area as well (e.g., for administration tasks).

>>> I am not sure but would
>>> ...src="fallback://lenya/config/ac/usecase-policies.xml">
>>> not do the trick?
>>

>> No, the problem is, like Michi mentioned, that the config
>> file is accessed directly and not via the API. Only the
>> UsecaseAuthorizer may know where the policies are stored.
>
> right, we should access the UsecaseAuthorizer and not the config itself
> ... something like an UsescaseAuthorizerExistsInputModule ...

Hmmm - I wouldn't add this logic to the sitemap. The optimization
could be done by the transformer. If it doesn't want to
interfere, because no usecases are protected, then it can just
pass through the SAX events. In this case, the performance impact
would be negligible:

public void startElement(...) {
     if (usecasesAreProtected) {
     }
     else {
         super.startElement(...);
     }
}

If you think this is not sufficient, we could add the logic to the
access control module:

   <map:select type="parameter">
     <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test"
                    value="{access-control:usecases-protected}"/>
     <map:when>
       <map:transform ... />
     </map:when>
   </map:select>