lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: usecase-policies config path hardcoded within global-sitemap ...
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:41:57 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler schrieb:

>>> sorry for this copy/paste error. It should read:
>>>
>>> src/webapp/global-sitemap.xmap

> IMO the check could be removed. I could imagine that the performance
> gained by the action (if the file doesn't exist) is similar to the
> performance lost by the existence check ...

I haven't checked how this transformers works, but in the case of the
menu transformer one can speed it up a lot by checking it's actually
needed (authoring) or not (live)

>> I am not sure but would
>> ...src="fallback://lenya/config/ac/usecase-policies.xml">
>> not do the trick?
>

> No, the problem is, like Michi mentioned, that the config
> file is accessed directly and not via the API. Only the
> UsecaseAuthorizer may know where the policies are stored.

right, we should access the UsecaseAuthorizer and not the config itself
... something like an UsescaseAuthorizerExistsInputModule ...

Michi

> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner