lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: google soc
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:24:32 GMT
El vie, 28-04-2006 a las 10:18 +0200, Michael Wechner escribió:
> Doug Chestnut wrote:
> > I noticed that there is only one lenya soc project idea (doco) so far.
> > I also noticed that applications will open on may 1st and close on the
> > 8th.  Is there interest in the Lenya community for more soc projects?
>
> sure, for instance "Clustering". The current "Flow" implementation needs
> to be replaced ...
> >
> > Some projects I can think of:
> > -external link management (broken link reporting / repair mechanism)
> > -trigger mechanism for usecases (lucene index usecase triggered by
> > workflow)
> > -jcr integration (I don't know enough about the current jcr interface
> > to know what is needed)
> > -google sitemap usecase
> > -google maps resource type
> > -flickr album resource type
> > etc...
> >
> > Should we come up with some more soc projects?
>
> I think suggestions are always helpful but in the end the "student"
> needs to think by him/herself ;-)
> >   I guess that we would need volunteers for mentors.
>
> yes (and please be aware it needs some time to mentor ....

Actually I am looking for a co-mentor for the DOCO proposal, if somebody
can volunteer for this it would be great.

BTW last time the main support for the gsoc students have been via the
dev list (by the community) and I reckon we should do it again like
this.

I may be the "principal" mentor but that should not me *I* will as well
do all the support. ;)

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler