lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ODT: adding title element to pages
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:45:38 GMT
El jue, 27-04-2006 a las 15:28 -0700, Web Maestro Clay escribió:
> On Apr 25, 2006, at 12:40 AM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > and then we should create a forrest specific xsl and import the common
> > one. IMO we should leave the common *as it* since one can import/
> > include
> > xsl and override only specific matches (less code to maintain).
>
> Although you say we should leave the COMMON as is, but there are
> holes in the current ODT implementation:
> - no graphics support
> - no support for numbered lists
> - Forrest fixme, warning, note (Forrest-specific, but doesn't Lenya
> want Fixme, Warning & Note too?)
> - <sub> & <sup>
> - <strong>, <em>
>
> Shouldn't those be added to the COMMON, so Lenya can benefit as well?

The problem is that the common odt is actually coming from David
Eisenberg and in no way lenya specific (IMO best for us to use an
svn:external reference to his svn server instead of providing a copy). I
think we should only enhance it (as we finding bugs) but normally use it
as it like I tried to explain in FOR-872 and demonstrated in
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=397657&view=rev.

Regarding the above downsides I agree we should implement *another*
common xsl (for forrest and lenya - common-apache-odt.xsl) and import it
in e.g. odt-to-forrest-xhtml.xsl. If we (lenya and forrest as first
tester) are happy with the results *then* we should patch the common
(from D. Eisenberg) and send the patch to him that he can incorporate
them in his next version.

salu2
--
thorsten