lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: another release candidate 1.2rc4?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 08:32:17 GMT
On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 09:50, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
> [...]
>

> > Hence, my plan again (a bit more detailed ;-)
> >
> > 1) Fix the remaining bugs of 1.2 target
> >
> > 2) Do another release candidate 1.2rc4
> >
> > 3) Test 1.2rc4 and hopefully find no blockers
>
> How can this be managed in a reasonable time?

Yes, the time problem. That is why I proposed to immediarely let endorse
the release request.

> I wouldn't want to wait and see if people report
> errors or not.

IMHO, we do ne need to release "100% bugfree". It is not possible
either.

> I'm afraid Lenya became too big to be tested
> sufficiently using a couple of "click-through"
> scenarios.

See above.

So again, if we try to get the endorsement of Steven or/and Stefano and
they say no, ok, than we have to do more homework. I think it is worth a
try at this stage.

So, do an RC now regardless of outstanding bugs and ask for endorsement.
Otherwise I fear we will not release within the next 3 weeks.

I think to get out a bug fix release will be much easier than trying to
get everything perfect now.

Of course we need to document the outstanding bugs scheduled for 1.2 in
a README.

--
Regards,

    Rolf Kulemann