lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Doco and repository/slide
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:58:17 GMT

On 12 Jan 2004, at 13:23, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> I noticed, that in the ascii art drawing in the doco WIKI at
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Doco slide is used directly.
> I recommend to state out, that slide should be used through a webdav
> layer. It's like this
>
> Forrest <-> WebDAV <-> Lenya
>              slide etc.
>
> Using slide directly is bad,imho, because it's a non standard
> interface.

Agreed. feel free to change it.

> Well, if we will have a cocoon repository interface in the future, that
> is also "not a standard", we should use that anyhow, because its
> implementation will/should? wrap Webdav or JCR.

It might not be standard, but it's going to be a simpler wrapper around
either JCR or a WebDAV library so since lenya is not going to work in
any other place but on top of cocoon, it's the closest thing to a
standard without implementing one.

> One thing I'm not sure about at the mom is, how webdav handles hard
> links as defined in JCR for example. Hard links are useful to create
> different orthogonal hierarchies/views of the stored content.

There is a 'binding' draft for WebDAV but nobody implements it (that
IKO), not even Slide.

--
Stefano.