lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Workflow history file
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 08:57:28 GMT
Hi Lenya developers,

what do you think of the following draft of a workflow
history file:

<wf:history
     xmlns:wf="http://apache.org/cocoon/lenya/workflow/1.0"
     doctype="simple-document">

   <wf:version date="(?)" state="redaktion" user="michael"/>
   <wf:version date="(?)" event="publish" state="review" user="gregor"/>

</wf:history>

Each entry (besides the first one) marks a transition.
Attributes:
    - the event that triggered the transition
    - the user that invoked the event
    - the destination state of the transition
      (this is redundant, but it is quite hard to
      reproduce it, so I would add it to the history)

The question is how to insert the date so that it is
easily transformable into a human-readable format with XSLT.
Is there a typical or best-practise date element/attribute definition?

We could also add links to the task log files.
This would be unnecessary if
   - no task sequences are allowed (-> only one log file)
   - the task log date (=log filename) is the same as the transition date

What we would need next is a step in the document creation process
that creates a history file.

- Where do we want to put the history files?
- Should there be any connection to the revision files?

Andreas