lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DefaultSiteTreeTestCase FAILS
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 21:10:29 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:

[...]

 > right, but how do we encourage (or rather enforce) people to write
 > more test cases (during Sprints on a regular basis would be a
 > possibility...)?

I could imagine the following first steps:

- all existing tests must run
- in the beginning - ask the committers personally to write tests
- putting some links to a good JUnit tutorial etc. in the docs

 > No problem, but how we can we make this path relative?

The only solution I found is to pass the path as a JVM parameter
to the test. I'm calling the test class from the build script
(not via the TestRunner) so I can access the main(String[]) arguments.

The problem is that the test must be invoked from the build script.
I hardcoded the paths as a fallback in the class, so that I can run
my tests from the IDE which makes test debugging easier.

If you're interested in the implementation, have a glance at the
AntTask and workflow test cases.

Andreas