lenya-dev mailing list archives

From "Mehmet Birgi" <m...@birgi.ch>
Subject RE: DefaultSiteTreeTestCase FAILS
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:16:11 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
> [...]
>  > right, but how do we encourage (or rather enforce) people to write
>  > more test cases (during Sprints on a regular basis would be a
>  > possibility...)?
> I could imagine the following first steps:
> - all existing tests must run
> - in the beginning - ask the committers personally to write tests
> - putting some links to a good JUnit tutorial etc. in the docs

must read stuff for JUnit:

The JUnit Cookbook:

Test Infected: Programmers Love Writing Tests:

These should be enough to get started. The most important best practice in
XP: start writing your test cases together with your classes, actually: use
your test cases as a design tool, and run them everytime you get a clean
build. The moment the tests go through, you're done (well, theoretically,
but try to get as near to that as you can). It should be an iterative

I will start adding test cases for some existing stuff, but I have to do
this on my spare time, so please be patient.