lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Generate doctype selection for creator
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:01:33 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

<snip />

>> I disagree on the combobox, because each creator (depending on the
>> "new doctype") can have
>> very specific parameters to pass along.
>

> OK, so you think there is no way to make the creator generic?

No I don't think so. I rather think there are certain generic pieces and
some
creators can be covered by them, but I think we need the API to enable
derivations.

Please see
http://demo.wyona.org/lenya/docs/xdocs/create-resource.html

> I have to do more brainstorming on this (just random thoughts ...)
> E.g., maybe we could use an AntTask-based creator:
>
> - a target for every document type with the needed property definitions
> - the task is parameterized with the target (this is already
>   implemented)
> - for every creator type there is Java code that generates the
>   appropriate parameter values from the page envelope, config files etc.
> - this way, the sub-menu generation could be automatized
>
>>> Another possiblity would be to filter the menu
>>> (or add a sub-menu)
>>

>> The sub-menu is the way to go. It was actually always intended like
>> this,
>> but nobody ever wrote a "Menu-JavaScript" with submenus. It is also
>> reflecting common UI experience.
>

> +1
>
> Maybe we could even use CSS for menu generation?
> http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/menus/demo.html

That's really nice. We only have to make sure that the CSS is working on
our target browsers and platforms (which we need to define ;-)

Thanks

Michael