lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Generate doctype selection for creator
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 12:07:40 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Lenya developers,
>
> the possible children of a doctype are declared in
> the doctypes.xconf file, so wouldn't it be possible
> to insert a combobox on the creator screen?

I disagree on the combobox, because each creator (depending on the "new
doctype") can have
very specific parameters to pass along.

> Another possiblity would be to filter the menu
> (or add a sub-menu)

The sub-menu is the way to go. It was actually always intended like this,
but nobody ever wrote a "Menu-JavaScript" with submenus. It is also
reflecting common
UI experience.

Thanks

Michael