labs-labs mailing list archives

From Dennis Gove <dpg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reasons for not using Github ...
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 21:07:22 GMT
I'm a fan of not allowing official releases from @labs. There's an implied
contract with an Apache release and I suspect a project in @labs wouldn't
(necessarily) be able to live up to that (nor should they feel they have
to). If a project is at a point where it can live up to the contract of an
official release, maybe that is one of the deciding factors in moving out
of @labs into the incubator.

That said, perhaps there a way to support a type of release so a @labs
project could gain additional traction. Perhaps a requirement that the
version include "-LABS", or "-SNAPSHOT", or other to clearly indicate via
the version that the release is not official.

- Dennis