labs-labs mailing list archives

From Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hi!
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:29:31 GMT
Hi,

Is there an example of a successful Labs project that DID make it to
incubator?
How was that set up?  What was the feedback from that project?

Information on what worked before and what didn’t would be helpful.

On March 10, 2017 at 08:23:25, Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm) wrote:

On 07 Mar 2017, at 9:11 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:

> Saw Danny's note and figured I'd drop a note over here.
>
> I'm interested in labs, however there's some limitations that concern me.
>
> 1. Labs projects can't do releases.
> 2. Labs projects all write to a single SVN tree structure - no git.
> 3. Projects don't get mailing lists.
>
> Really my hope is to build a bit more of a community before moving into
an
> incubating project.

I understand that Incubator is the place where you build the community.
Labs is the place where you would bootstrap that process.

As I pointed out in another thread, if you want to do a release or gain a
mailing list, that’s the time when you should be moving to the Incubator.

Regards,
Graham
—