labs-labs mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>
Subject Releases
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 15:27:56 GMT
Hi
I would love to be the kind of guy who would set out a series of topics
that we need to discuss, contextualise them and initiate each one,
collating the output at the end, but I'm not.

So I have a question for the people who have mentioned lack of releases as
a problem..

The idea behind "no releases" was that a release implies that certain
standards common to the ASF are being met, standards which Labs don't
apply, and that if a lab needs to cut a release it probably has enough
users and maintainers to become a project of its own.

So my question to those people is this; Is it the lack of the formality and
assurance that is a problem or the lack of a build? Would "pre-release
downloads" be enough?

d.