labs-labs mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On Labs identity (Blue Sky thoughts)
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 18:23:29 GMT
On 13 March 2017 at 13:29, Danny Angus <danny@apache.org> wrote:
> I think this is great "... Labs being that inner space where different
> communities can meet. Ideally,
> it would give growth to tiger teams which brings together people from
> different projects who then, as a group, help out other Apache
> projects."
>
> But I would see it more in terms of being the place where new projects
> are born, and cross project experiments are run.

"New projects are born" goes back to "Github vs this" and for me I
don't see the benefits of this. Nor did I see it about 9 months ago
when I become the committer and was looking at all the initiatives
including Labs.

Cross-project experiments sounds like more fun, but again, what makes
labs specifically more "cross-project enabling" than a generic code
repo?

Regards,
   Alex.