labs-labs mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Reasons for not using Github ...
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 09:30:14 GMT
Well how about just allowing SNAPSHOTs (For Maven projects)?

It should be easy to setup our Nexus to allow labs projects to publish SNAPSHOT versions,
but not create staging repos for releasing stuff and this way nothing would get synced to
maven-central.

This way I would see the benefits:
- Code repo to seed and do initial development
- Communication infrastructure to seed the community
- Wiki, Jira
- Jenkins to build do CI and build the first SNAPSHOTs
- Nexus to make the SNAPSHOTs available to others
(Hope that’s all correct)

And an easy mechanism to allow a project to promote from Labs to the incubator.

I think this sort of package is better than the simple Github package.

Chris