labs-labs mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <wadechand...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hi!
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 22:52:00 GMT
To me this response is starting to get to the spirit of what I see and feel when I read the
current introduction/welcome section on the labs site as well as the call to action which
drew a number of us to sign up to discuss it. It has appeal.

Some where to just start some source code, literally just that, and then move it to the incubator,
but doesn’t have necessary features, nor support experimentation, concepts which may indeed
fail fast, support the ability of others to quickly play with the result, not just the sources,
nor necessarily have the spirit of innovation, doesn’t sound very appealing to me.

To me, this is starting to get to the heart of “Why isn’t labs currently successful?”
and “What can we do to make it better?” from my perspective.

Thanks,

Wade