labs-labs mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Hi!
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:30:04 GMT
Agreed. I've been doing all of my open-source development on GitHub recently, but I was heavily
involved with Apache Pivot from 2009 - 2011 or so. I've found that GitHub is great for hosting
but terrible for community. It's something I really miss about the ASF. Not sure if Labs is
the right vehicle for it, but it would be great if there was some way to bridge the two.

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 8:12 AM, Grant M <clearvertigo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1 on this for me as well. I think these limitations will result in limited
> appeal unfortunately
>
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2017, 13:05 John D. Ament, <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Ping? :-)
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:11 PM John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there
>>>
>>> Saw Danny's note and figured I'd drop a note over here.
>>>
>>> I'm interested in labs, however there's some limitations that concern me.
>>>
>>> 1. Labs projects can't do releases.
>>> 2. Labs projects all write to a single SVN tree structure - no git.