labs-labs mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reasons for not using Github ...
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 19:02:31 GMT
That is incorrect and a moot point since one cannot release from labs@.
There is nothing to protect.

It's a bit frustrating, because this seems yet another repeat of
conversations that took place multiple times. I suspect that I am not
the only one who gave up on the PMC figuring out what the differentiator
is or should be.

My $0.02,
Hadrian

On 03/08/2017 01:56 PM, Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> As I said, in our Apache Roadshow one thing I liked to point out when someone asked:
“Why labs if I can use Github?” was that by contributing to a project at Apache Labs you
have the benefit of enhanced protection against lawsuits.

> For me that’s an important point. Eventually it would be good to collect such points
and prominently advertise them on the welcoming page of Labs.