labs-labs mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] clarify bylaws
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:33:36 GMT
As per the recent discussions about the bylaws and their use of
"lazy", the Labs PMC needs to confirm what the desired process is for
starting and stopping labs.

As I see it, there are several options:

1) Use Consensus Approval (at least three +1, no -1, 72 hrs)

2) Use Lazy Consensus (no -1, 72 hrs)

3) Use Majority Approval (at least three +1, more +1 than -1, 72 hrs)

4) No approval needed, anyone can start/stop a lab (as suggested by
Roy, if I've understood him correctly).
In this case I assume objections would be raised by vetoing a commit.

==

The bylaws are currently a bit unclear, but judging by the behaviour
on the list, most people seem to assume that Labs uses option 1). But
as suggested by Roy, perhaps the original intention was for option 2).

I think the PMC now needs to clarify what process it actually wants.