labs-labs mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][LAZY] remove "lazy" from bylaws as it is incorrect
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 19:40:12 GMT
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following on from the thread entitled
>
> "Is Labs using Consensus or Lazy Consensus?"
>
> I propose to remove the word "lazy" from the bylaws where it appears
> as a qualifier to the descriptions of the voting process.
>
> This is not a change in the process, merely a clarification - or
> rather, removal of a source of confusion.

Umm, I believe that the original intention was that new labs would
be subject to lazy approval.  You would probably have to look back
in the archives to figure out the intent, if it matters whether this
is a change to the process.

I'd go further and suggest that there is no need for any kind of
approval to open or shutter a specific lab, and that the primary
purpose of the labs PMC is to simply prevent misuse of its
sandbox/lists as a distribution area, but that is something the PMC
can decide for itself.

....Roy