labs-labs mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject PROPOSAL] Apache Mavibot (Multi Version BTree)
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 10:00:47 GMT
Hi guys,

I'd like to start a small labs with Ersin Er to implement a MVCC BTree in Java. We currently
use JDBM, but it does not fits our need, and we do think that there is a need for a fully
Java MVCC implementation under the AL 2.0 license.

I don't think this effort will span for years, I consider it as a 3 months effort, but I'd
like to have it separated from the Directory project, as it may benefit for many other projects.

Mavibot name comes from MVBT (MultiVersion BTree) which was the original name, and means Blue
Boat in turkish (Mavi boat). It sounds well.

So,

[ ] +1, accept Mavibot as new Lab
[ ] ±0
[ ] -1, because...