labs-labs mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Complete the Oak lab
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:45:28 GMT
Hi,

Following the process described in our bylaws [1], I want to change
the state of the Oak lab to completed.

The lab was helpful in trying out aspects of the new Git repositories
at Apache, but beyond that I haven't really had time to explore the
original Oak idea. Now in Apache Jackrabbit somewhat related work is
starting [2] and I offered "Oak" for reuse as a possible codename of
that effort [3]. The community liked the idea and wants to use "Oak"
as the codename [4].

Thus, to avoid confusion and since I don't plan to continue working on
Oak within Labs, I'd like to formally mark the Oak lab as completed.
Please vote:

    [ ] +1 Complete the Oak lab
    [ ] -1 Don't complete the Oak lab, because ...

My vote is +1.

[1] http://labs.apache.org/bylaws.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Jackrabbit%203%20Strategic%20Plan
[3] http://markmail.org/message/xtie5eobbgugjj57