labs-labs mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Board Report June 2011
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:29:37 GMT
>> As I have learned, Labs is for experimental features. I have asked if
>> a new "Struts 2 plugin" would fit into labs, when the committer has no
>> Karma to Struts. The answer was "no" ( see link above)
>> See:
>> If Labs would be open for things like that, it would be already a benefit.
> This argument, and the "let labs do releases argument" are the only two that are consistently
put forward. Yet nobody has, to date, put forward a proposal that addresses the reasons those
limitations are in place.
> Until someone does this whole line of discussion is a waste of time in my opinion.

How should a proposal look like? Is it a formal e-mail with [proposal]
in the subject? it will simply lead to the same discussion as we had
already. If there is no support from Lab PMC for changing things in
the Labs, there is no need for a formal proposal. Proposed changes
were pretty clear to understand - but I expect them all to be vetoed

Until people all are happy, I would concentrate more on the
"advertising suggestion".

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message