labs-labs mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <twilli...@apache.org>
Subject Lab - Esqueranto
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 17:42:51 GMT
I'm wanting to implement an antlr lexer/parser grammar for CQL[1] and
related tree grammars for translation to concrete search
implementations (e.g. Lucene).  There are places where some of the
institutional knowledge is captured in verbose queries, having
something like CQL as an "esperanto" of query grammars lets them more
easily change search technologies over time and/or run multiple search
technologies at the same time and not be wed to a specific
implementation.  This, I think, should be a fairly smallish effort and
appropriate for a lab?

Thanks,
--tim

[1] - http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/v1.0/cql-1-2-v1.0.html

     xmlns="http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#"
     xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"
     xmlns:labs="http://labs.apache.org/doap-ext/1.0#"
     xmlns:projects="http://projects.apache.org/ns/asfext#">
<Project rdf:about="http://labs.apache.org/labs#esqueranto ">
 <name>Esqueranto</name>
 <shortname>esqueranto </shortname>
 <shortdesc xml:lang="en">A CQL implementation with concrete
translation(s).</shortdesc>
 <description xml:lang="en">An antlr lexer/parser grammar for CQL[1]
and related tree grammars for concrete search implementations (e.g.
Lucene).  There are places where some of the institutional knowledge
is captured in verbose queries, having something like CQL as an
"esperanto" of query grammars lets them more easily change search
technologies over time and/or run multiple search technologies at the
same time and not be wed to a specific implementation.</description>
 <homepage rdf:resource="http://labs.apache.org/esqueranto /"/>
 <license rdf:resource="http://usefulinc.com/doap/licenses/asl20"/>
 <created>2009-8-1</created>
 <labs:status>active</labs:status>
 <maintainer>
  <foaf:Person rdf:about="http://people.apache.org/~twilliams/#me">
   <foaf:name>Tim Williams</foaf:name>
   <foaf:homepage rdf:resource="http://people.apache.org/~twilliams/"/>
   <foaf:mbox_sha1sum>c0bf89dd3415287d5428cb9de5fba28b5c9fc1b5</foaf:mbox_sha1sum>
  </foaf:Person>
 </maintainer>
 <repository>
  <SVNRepository>
    <location rdf:resource="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/esqueranto /"/>
    <browse rdf:resource="http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/labs/esqueranto /"/>
  </SVNRepository>
 </repository>
 <programming-language>java</programming-language>
 <programming-language>antlr</programming-language>
 <projects:implements>
  <projects:Standard>
   <projects:id>CQL</projects:id>
   <projects:title>Contextual Query Language</projects:title>
   <projects:body>OASIS</projects:body>
   <projects:url
rdf:resource="http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/v1.0/cql-1-2-v1.0.html"/>
  </projects:Standard>