labs-labs mailing list archives

From Michael Jakl <jakl.mich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new proposal: clouds
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 08:41:19 GMT
Hi!

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 09:20, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Ian Holsman <lists@holsman.net> wrote:
>> Personally I think you should focus on the message of the presentation, not
>> the format, and try to make it available to as many people as possible.
>> Sadly this means PPT or PDF nowadays.
>
> in the end, binary formats are bad for collaboration since they can't
> be diff'd. PDF is a fine final format but i'd need to get annotations
> working using a FOSS editor. (if anyone clueful would like to jump in,
> that'd be great)

What about latex-beamer[1]? It's plaintext and can be transformed into
PDF, Postscript or any other format latex supports. Though, latex
itself is also a large software package to add as a dependency.

For graphs I like to use Graphviz[2] which is also plain text with
various output formats.

Cheers,
Michael

 1: http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/