labs-labs mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lab for distributed SCM?
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:43:11 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:
>  El vie, 22-02-2008 a las 12:31 -0800, Paul Querna escribió:
>  > I think the lab can be useful for discussion, but I don't think it is
>  > any sort of political body. So I think "neutral ground" is not the
>  > right word. In this sense I agree with Leo.
>
>  I hope Jukka agrees and we can find a "charter" that satisfies every
>  body.

Agreed, my initial wording wasn't that deeply considered, and I'd
certainly consider setting a more tightly defined scope before making
the formal request for this lab.

As mentioned in my other mail I'm also following up at Infrastructure
on having an open forum there that might be more appropriate for this
work.

I don't think site-dev is really appropriate. Even though the eventual
goal of this effort would mostly be to come up with documentation, the
information that we'd end up documenting doesn't really exist yet and
probably requires considerable exploration before it can be condensed
into an FAQ or other similar documentation. Most of that exploration
work would in my opinion be outside the scope of site-dev. Also,
site-dev is similarly closed as the current infrastructure lists.

BR,

Jukka Zitting