labs-labs mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subject: Re: Lab for distributed SCM?
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:31:13 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Roland Weber <ossfwot@dubioso.net> wrote:
>  Any plans to create a public infra-wishlist or something along that line?
>  That's probably what people would like to have to discuss issues as
>  the current one. Pre-alpha discussions, so nothing about beta systems
>  being put in place.

I've raised the issue of starting infrastructure-open@ or repurposing
infrastructure-dev@ as an open forum on infrastructure@.

I acknowledge the points raised here that Labs may not be the correct
place for this effort. Infrastructure would be good for many reasons,
but at least I would be much happier working on a public forum. If we
can have an open Infrastructure forum, I'd propose that we move the
proposed effort there instead of starting a Lab for it.

Note that in my opinion the Apache community is definitely not
restricted to committers only and in many ways having dSCM tools
augmenting our SVN repository (or dSCM features finding their way to
future Subversion releases) would be especially helpful for
non-committers.

BR,

Jukka Zitting