labs-labs mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Lab for distributed SCM?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:13:41 GMT
Hi,

With all the heated discussion in various places about distributed
versus centralized SCM, I was thinking that we should perhaps start
collecting some experience on what SCM patterns work and what don't
for Apache-style collaborative development. Also, people seem to be
using git-svn, svk, and other similar tools with our Subversion
repository, and it would be good to gather and share such experience.

I think Apache Labs would be a perfect place for such work. Are there
people who'd be interested in collaborating on such a lab? The lab
wouldn't really be producing much software, just documentation, helper
scripts, and other such stuff. Most importantly it would provide a
neutral ground for discussing the merits of different systems and
practices.

BR,

Jukka Zitting