labs-labs mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Subject: Re: Lab for distributed SCM?
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:48:16 GMT
Santiago Gala wrote:
> El vie, 22-02-2008 a las 17:46 -0800, Joe Schaefer escribió:
>> If people want to experiment with using git-svn or
>> svk or anything else, and there's something about
>> our infrastructure which prevents that, you need
>> only talk to infrastructure about it to see if it
>> can be resolved.  In most cases it can, rather easily.
>

> I think having a closed list is a big part of the problem. In "normal"
> projects the only list that is not public is purposely called private.
> The only exceptions are a few sensitive lists (one or two per
> committee/project) ... and *all* the infrastructure ones.

The infrastructure lists are far from *closed*. Every committer
can subscribe to infrastructure@ and infrastructure-dev@, and
even non-committers can subscribe to site-dev@ by invitation.
infrastructure-private is private and closed, but that's it.
Btw, I don't see why non-committers have a need to discuss
source code management at Apache. The problem I do see is that
people don't find the discussions when they are searching with
their preferred internet search engine.

> I don't think this makes sense, specially as there is already one
> specifically named "private".

Have a look at the last section here:
   http://www.apache.org/foundation/public-archives.html

Requests are sent to infrastructure@, because that is the list
where non-committers can post. Each requests will be handled
confidentially. How does that fit with public archives?

cheers,
   Roland