labs-labs mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lab for distributed SCM?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:52:02 GMT

El lun, 25-02-2008 a las 11:05 +0200, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  * Infrastructure seems like the correct place to do this, but a Lab
> >  would be a good alternative if we can't come up with an Infrastructure
> >  forum that is OK for everyone.
>
> As an update to those of you who aren't following infrastructure@,
> there seems to be reasonable consensus about using infrastructure-dev@
> for this effort.
>
> Thus I withdraw the proposal of having this effort as a Lab. Thanks
> especially to everyone who pointed out Infrastructure as the correct
> place for this. I hope that once the dust settles we'll find both Labs
> and Infrastructure better off for having had this discussion.
>
> Roy is looking at turning infrastructure-dev@ into a public mailing
> list, and I hope to get this effort started there soon. If you're
> interested in participating, please join us at
> infrastructure-dev@apache.org.

Cool that it is no longer a sin for infrastructure to even conceive
speaking about a dSCM tool.

Please follow up when there is a public list around, trying to snip
information from the private archives of infra@ is hard. I don't
understand why there are so strong reactions to any suggestion involving
dSCM tools, even arriving to distort logics severely, as I grep in
recent discussions at infra@.

Regards
Santiago

> BR,