labs-labs mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [report] labs.apache.org
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:35:24 GMT
On 3/14/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Labs doesn't care; I meant to say anyone can clone or develop new code in
> an httpd sandbox - but projects ask for working code.  The developer only
> desired to toss together some odd bits of source code that weren't intended
> to become part of the project as-is and just begin to experiment.

We're getting way off-topic here (i.e. general case of sandboxes and
labs), but I think that is a gross misrepresentation of this specific
case.  The idea was clearly for the sandbox to get feedback from the
dev@httpd community - to suggest anything else is off-base.  Your
original point, as I understood it, was that it's no longer possible
for projects to have any sandboxes at all because Labs is responsible
for all of them now.  If your claim is now that this particular case
wasn't worthy of a sandbox in httpd because an individual wasn't yet
clear on the actual details, then that's just absurd, IMO.  The only
community that is able to give any substantial feedback on the merits
of that sandbox is the dev@httpd community - not Labs.  It's not fair
to punt it to the Labs - unless *all* sandboxes *have* to go there.
-- justin