labs-labs mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [report] labs.apache.org
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:03:27 GMT
On 3/12/07, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Labs have been very quiet lately, nothing really changed that requires
> board attention.
>
> Sorry for the short report, but really, I have nothing to say :-)

I don't know if you saw the following note from our last meeting regarding Labs:

---
       Justin shared with the board the fact that he had been told by some
       that Labs was really intended to replace a PMC's sandbox (where the
       Lab is a new branch of an existing project - i.e. related to an existing
       project).  He indicated that this was not his understanding. The board
       agreed; this was not and is not the purpose for Labs. Jim will follow
       up with Stefano to see what can be done to make this clear.
---

Anything to add here?  Is it the Labs PMC's intention to have labs
replace sandboxes?

Thanks!  -- justin