labs-labs mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [report] labs.apache.org
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:15:14 GMT
J Aaron Farr wrote:
> Sander Temme <sctemme@apache.org> writes:
>>> Anything to add here?  Is it the Labs PMC's intention to have labs
>>> replace sandboxes?
>> Thoughts?
>
> I don't think there's much to say other than, "Labs is not intended to
> be a sandbox for other PMCs."  But looking over the current list of
> labs, I don't think any of them fall into this category.  It's a
> concern we can easily handle when a new lab is proposed.

Right.

Labs has a charter, which was approved by the board and we are sticking
to it. In that charter, we explicitly mention that we welcome efforts
from all over the foundation, including things that were previously
hosted inside other projects, sandboxes or otherwise.

Nothing has changed since than.

FWIW: I did not receive Jim's email or else I would have replied to it.

--
Stefano.