kylin-user mailing list archives

From Xiaoxiang Yu <xiaoxiang...@kyligence.io>
Subject Re: Kylin Cube : Region Count after merge
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2019 09:32:33 GMT
Hi,
   After a quick research, I find the region count of HTable are decided at step CreateHTable
(source code at org.apache.kylin.storage.hbase.steps.CreateHTableJob.java). Some configuration
entry will affect the final count, such as (the meaning could be checked at apache kylin ’s
doc)

1.  kylin.storage.hbase.region-cut-gb

2.  kylin.storage.hbase.min-region-count

3.  kylin.storage.hbase.max-region-count

  Log record the full procedure of how region count was decided, you may try “cat kylin.log
| grep CreateHTableJob”. (But I find a bug which print error count).

----------------
Best wishes,
Xiaoxiang Yu

发件人: arun chandy thomas <aruncthomas@gmail.com>
答复: "user@kylin.apache.org" <user@kylin.apache.org>
日期: 2019年6月17日 星期一 07:08
收件人: "user@kylin.apache.org" <user@kylin.apache.org>
主题: Kylin Cube : Region Count after merge

Hello Friends,

I have a question on the count of regions that gets generated after two segments are merged.
We generated two segments, 4 GB in size and 6 regions each (PFA the screen grab from Kylin)
[Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 1.36.59 PM.png]

Once I merge the segments the region count goes to 1.
[Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 4.01.18 PM.png]

It would be great if any one could help with this ?

-Arun