kylin-user mailing list archives

From Jon Shoberg <jon.shob...@gmail.com>
Subject Error (2.5.2) - fail to find the statistics file in base dir (Step 5: Save Cuboid Statistics)
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2018 06:23:44 GMT
I'm getting the following error message below when reaching Step 5: Save
Cuboid Statistics

Any ideas or suggestions? Below is the error and after are steps I've tried
to fix.

java.io.IOException: fail to find the statistics file in base dir: hdfs://
192.168.1.20:9000/kylin/kylin_metadata/kylin-46adf439-7f25-91fa-a3cf-a7c27732e77c/HoldingNodeCube/fact_distinct_columns/statistics
at
org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.steps.SaveStatisticsStep.doWork(SaveStatisticsStep.java:78)
at
org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:164)
at
org.apache.kylin.job.execution.DefaultChainedExecutable.doWork(DefaultChainedExecutable.java:70)
at
org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:164)
at
org.apache.kylin.job.impl.threadpool.DefaultScheduler$JobRunner.run(DefaultScheduler.java:114)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

The system is Centos 7, Hadoop 2.8.5, Hive 2.3.4, HBase 1.4.8, Kylin 2.5.2
- all installed from tar

DFS/Yarn all seem to be working appropriately.  No DFS errors and is not in
safe mode.

Hive is working correctly and source tables are populated with data and SQL
tests seem OK.

HBase seems working OK. Its only installed/used for Kylin so even after
re-installing Kylin had installed its meta-data just fine.

Kylin's web UI comes up OK. The data model, cube, and processing are all
done via the Web UI and no errors other than the one above.

I looked at the GITHUB sources where the error message comes from and its
not creating the statistics directory and cannot get the statistics files
(they're not created)

In the DFS/Hadoop logs I see some messages around statistics and the job ID
in the HDFS URL but nothing that shows me where to fix something.

Any thoughts, ideas, or experiences to share would be greatly appreciated!