kylin-user mailing list archives

From you Zhuang <zhuangzixiao...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kylin comprehensive debug documentation
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 13:37:38 GMT
Hi JiaTao, I operate according to http://kylin.apache.org/development/dev_env.html <http://kylin.apache.org/development/dev_env.html>,
but css and js becomes 404. Such as http://localhost:7070/kylin/components/bootstrap/dist/css/bootstrap.min.css
<http://localhost:7070/kylin/components/bootstrap/dist/css/bootstrap.min.css>,  What
is webapp directory like?

Do I need execute “grunt dev --buildEnv=dev --buildNumber=`date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S"` || { exit
1; }"

When I execute above command , a dist directory generated. But what should I do .

I have little knowledge about nodejs ,  is there any other commands must be executed?

> On Oct 30, 2018, at 2:56 PM, JiaTao Tao <taojiatao@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You cannot debug MR job directly in DebugTomcat. In fact, it might be better adding more
logs for tracing, in my opinion.

> If you do need to debug MR job directly, you may need to change your core-site.xml, mapred-site.xml
and etc. to run MR job locally, It is theoretically possible, you can give a try :).

> you Zhuang <zhuangzixiaoyou@gmail.com <mailto:zhuangzixiaoyou@gmail.com>>
于2018年10月30日周二 下午2:23写道:
> And also debug map reduce job ?
>
>> On Oct 30, 2018, at 12:51 PM, JiaTao Tao <taojiatao@gmail.com <mailto:taojiatao@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> You may need this: http://kylin.apache.org/development/dev_env.html <http://kylin.apache.org/development/dev_env.html>.
>> Using debug mode to launch org.apache.kylin.rest.DebugTomcat, then you can debug
Kylin server

>> --
>>
>> Regards!
>> Aron Tao
>>
>> you Zhuang <zhuangzixiaoyou@gmail.com <mailto:zhuangzixiaoyou@gmail.com>>
于2018年10月30日周二 下午12:04写道:
>> 1. I can debug Kylin and standalone mr job  in intellij idea with -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9001
, but I don’t know how to debug both Kylin web server and whole build job flow, which mean
idea can’t set up two remote debug servers

>> 2. can we write a comprehensive documentation about full debug situations ?  Because
without debugging everything becomes awkward .