kylin-user mailing list archives

From Billy Liu <billy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Announce] Apache Kylin 2.5.0 released
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 13:23:42 GMT
Thanks Shaofeng.

I think this is one of the most remarkable releases since 2.0.
A few highlights:
  [KYLIN-3521] - Enable Cube Planner by default
  [KYLIN-2565] - Support Hadoop 3.0
  [KYLIN-3033] - Support HBase 2.0
  [KYLIN-3418] - User interface for hybrid model
  [KYLIN-3427] - Convert to HFile in Spark
  [KYLIN-3441] - Merge cube segments in Spark
  [KYLIN-3442] - Fact distinct columns in Spark
  [KYLIN-3453] - Improve cube size estimation for TOPN, COUNT DISTINCT
  and a lot of bug fixes and improvement on stability.

With Warm regards

Billy Liu
ShaoFeng Shi <shaofengshi@apache.org> 于2018年9月19日周三 上午8:31写道:

> The Apache Kylin team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the 2.5.0
release.

> This is a major release after 2.4, with more than 100 enhancements and bug fixes. All
of the changes in this release can be found in:

page: https://kylin.apache.org/download/

> Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface
and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Apache Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.

> Apache Kylin lets you query massive dataset at sub-second latency in 3 steps:
> 1. Identify a star schema or snowflake schema data set on Hadoop.
> 2. Build Cube on Hadoop.
> 3. Query data with ANSI-SQL and get results in sub-second, via ODBC, JDBC or RESTful
API.