kylin-user mailing list archives

From Billy Liu <billy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changes In Dimensions And Historical Cube's Data
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2018 09:15:07 GMT
Hello Shrikant,

I think there are some new updates on lookup table capability. Check
out https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-3221
Each dimension table is stored as snapshot(if you are using derived
dimension, not normal dimension), and be connected with the correspond
segment. With KYLIN-3221, you could refresh the existing lookup table
as needed.

With Warm regards

Billy Liu
Shrikant Bang <b.shrikant28@gmail.com> 于2018年8月21日周二 上午11:26写道:

> Hello Kylin Users,
>
>     I found a similar mail thread of Dec. 2015 ( http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/Incremental-builds-assumptions-and-clarifications-td2736.html
).
>     Can someone please confirm if this understanding is applicable for current version
(v2.4) of Apache Kylin also?

> Thank You,
> Shrikant Bang.
>
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 3:29 PM Shrikant Bang <b.shrikant28@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>>     We have a use case where dimension's data may get modified ( slowly changing
dimension (SCD)).

>>   Here is example:
>>
>> Fact :
>>    user_activity (
>>         user_id STRING,
>>         country_code INT,
>>   )
>>
>> Dimension:
>>   country_dim (
>>       country_code INT,
>>       country_name STRING ,
>> )
>>

>> Let's say we have mapped country code 1 to  'example_country1' and keep building
cube for years. Now country code 1 is assigned to  'new_country_code1'.

>> I have below query:
>>
>>   Is there any way to update the cube or it has to rebuild for all past time segment?
>>  Can we join cube data with other dimensions on runtime ( changing dimensions table)
, something like look ups?