kylin-user mailing list archives

From "彭鱼宴" <461292...@qq.com>
Subject 回复: Question about deploying kylin and hive
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2018 15:59:32 GMT
Hi Shaofeng,

Thanks for your reply and help. And here is one more question: is there any restful API that
could let me add project and model? From the website, I could find the API that help me build
cube and load hive table, without any mention about adding project and model. If yes, if you
could provide me with some links which have examples?

Best,
Zhefu Peng

发件人: "ShaoFeng Shi"<shaofengshi@apache.org>;
发送时间: 2018年6月27日(星期三) 晚上9:08
收件人: "user"<user@kylin.apache.org>;

主题: Re: Question about deploying kylin and hive

He zhefu,

On Kylin node, you need to deploy hive CLI (or beeline), with the proper configuration file
(hive-site.xml). Kylin will load the configuration file from Classpath, and use the CLI to
send commands to Hive server. Hope this answers your question.

Hi,

I have a question when I want to deploy the kylin and hive. May I deploy hive and kylin on
two different servers? Since kylin relies on hive, or should I deploy them on the same server?

Looking forward to your help and reply soon.

Best,
Zhefu Peng

--
Best regards,