kylin-user mailing list archives

From "彭鱼宴" <461292...@qq.com>
Subject 回复: Question about deploying kylin and hive
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2018 01:53:39 GMT
Shaofeng,

Sorry for my unclear explaining. I mean, now I could use the REST API that kylin provides
to write shell script, to auto update the cube I already built regularly, for example, every
day. Since I could auto update the hive table regularly, then I could rebuild the cube, just
like update the cube in some way. However, from the page http://kylin.apache.org/docs/howto/howto_use_restapi.html
I cannot find the introduction about how to add a new project or create a new model , or create
a new cube. With using REST API, and I cannot add project or model with writing a shell script,
with using REST API.

I wonder if there are some ways to use REST API to add new project, or create new model and
new cube. If yes, it would be my pleasure you can offer some links.

Thanks!

发件人: "ShaoFeng Shi"<shaofengshi@apache.org>;
发送时间: 2018年6月28日(星期四) 上午9:22
收件人: "user"<user@kylin.apache.org>;

主题: Re: Question about deploying kylin and hive

Hi Zhefu,

The project/model/cube creations/updates are not part of the public APIs; They incline to
change over versions when introducing new features or enhancements. Kylin's web GUI can ensure
the behavior consistent, but if you're doing from outside, we can't ensure that.

Could you please share how you plan to do from outside? If you have implemented another wizard
or GUI, what's the advantage of that? Thanks!

Hi Shaofeng,

Thanks for your reply and help. And here is one more question: is there any restful API that
could let me add project and model? From the website, I could find the API that help me build
cube and load hive table, without any mention about adding project and model. If yes, if you
could provide me with some links which have examples?

Best,
Zhefu Peng