kylin-user mailing list archives

From <roberto.tar...@stratebi.com>
Subject Increase of time between steps after Kylin 2.3.1 update
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 12:33:32 GMT
Hi,

Some days ago we have updated Kylin 2.2 to Kylin 2.3.1. We performed the
update process with successful. However, we have experimented an increase of
time wasted between steps during building time. For example, the time
between step 7 “Build N-Dimension Cuboid:level 1” and “…level2” is now about
30 seconds, a lot of time if we take into account that in these steps no
processing is executed since we use the "layer" algorithm (Screenshot 1).
This time is much longer than when we used Kylin 2.2, were time between
these skipped steps was about 5 seconds. (Screenshot 2)

Have you experienced someone a similar behavior? What could be the cause?

Environment:

·         EMR 5.7 (S3 storage for Hive and HBase)

·         Kylin 2.3.1 (updated from 2.2 last Friday). Installed on separated
EC2 instance.

Thanks in advance,

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Roberto Tardío Olmos

Senior Big Data & Business Intelligence Consultant

Avenida de Brasil, 17, Planta 16.28020 Madrid

Fijo: 91.788.34.10

 <http://bigdata.stratebi.com/> http://bigdata.stratebi.com/

 <http://www.stratebi.com> http://www.stratebi.com