kylin-user mailing list archives

From Kaige Liu <kaige....@kyligence.io>
Subject Re: Need Information on source Type of Apache Kylin
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2018 04:02:58 GMT
Yep, but some queries might not be recognized by SQL Server. For example, SQL Server does not
support LIMIT.

Best regards,

Kaige Liu(刘凯歌)
Mail: kaige.liu@kyligence.io<mailto:kaige.liu@kyligence.io>
Shanghai Kyligence Information Technology Co., Ltd
上海市浦东新区亮秀路112号Y1座405室

"Do small things with great love."

From: Devhuti Kumari <devhuti.kumari@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 5:16 PM
To: "user@kylin.apache.org" <user@kylin.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Need Information on source Type of Apache Kylin

If there is no Pre built cube for any random query generated by BI tool then it uses SQL server
query engine to fetch data from RDBMS?

Thanks,
Devhuti Kumari

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 8:00 AM, Kaige Liu <kaige.liu@kyligence.io<mailto:kaige.liu@kyligence.io>>
wrote:
Spark could be used as building engine for RDBMS data source as well.

Best regards,

Kaige Liu(刘凯歌)
Mail: kaige.liu@kyligence.io<mailto:kaige.liu@kyligence.io>
Shanghai Kyligence Information Technology Co., Ltd
上海市浦东新区亮秀路112号Y1座405室

"Do small things with great love."

If we are going to build cube on RDBMS data source then spark wont be used as computing engine
for building fast cube right?

Regards,
Devhuti Kumari

On 16-Apr-2018, at 9:00 PM, Kaige Liu <kaige.liu@kyligence.io<mailto:kaige.liu@kyligence.io>>