kylin-user mailing list archives

From Sonny Heer <sonnyh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extract Fact Table Distinct Columns Step
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2017 06:25:50 GMT
Hi ShaoFeng,  thanks for quick response.  Kylin version 1.6.

The step is #3 and it takes the longest time in the Map phase.
sort/shuffle and reduce seem to be ok.  Yes we went through that document.
 The input mappers are set to about 1.1 million giving us 225 mappers for
input of 234 million records.  All mappers run at the same time since that
is the number of mapper slots we have.  The mappers all seem to take the
same amount of time (we didn't notice any long runners in the end).

the m/r stats output for that step is below.  Troubling is the 4.6 billion
output records from map phase.  So is there a general place we can look for
"Extract Fact Table Distinct Columns"  step.    Thanks

Map-Reduce Framework
		Map input records=234707850
		Map output records=4687531086
		Map output bytes=49568802916
		Map output materialized bytes=9852827353
		Input split bytes=965025
		Combine input records=4687531086
		Combine output records=33878243
		Reduce input groups=281301
		Reduce shuffle bytes=9852827353
		Reduce input records=33878243
		Reduce output records=0
		Spilled Records=67756486
		Shuffled Maps =5850
		Failed Shuffles=0
		Merged Map outputs=5850
		GC time elapsed (ms)=49602314
		CPU time spent (ms)=759218400
		Physical memory (bytes) snapshot=418766036992
		Virtual memory (bytes) snapshot=898566012928
		Total committed heap usage (bytes)=391907901440