kylin-user mailing list archives

From Billy Liu <billy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About degenerate dimensions on Kylin cubes
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 05:17:29 GMT
Hi Roberto,

Degenerate dimensions on fact table is not supported I think. There is only
two types dimensions: "normal" and "derived". All "normla" dimensions will
be precaculated into cube. So it affects the construction cost and query
latency. If some column in fact table do not need to be dimension, you
could define it as "extended column". The "extended column" will not be
precaculated.