kylin-user mailing list archives

From bubugao0809 <bubugao0...@163.com>
Subject Global dictionary dose not support for column that serves as both measure and dimension
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 08:42:03 GMT
Hi, all

I found the following content from URL: http://kylin.apache.org/blog/2016/08/01/count-distinct-in-kylin/

"The global dictionay cannot be used for dimension encoding for now, that means if one column
is used for both dimension and count distinct measure in one cube, its dimension encoding
should be others instead of dict."

It means that the column, serving as both measure and dimension, can also use the 'Global
dictionary'.

For my case, I use DIM_DEVELOPER.DEVELOPER_ID for count distinct in measure, as well as the
dimensions. And I change the encoding in Rowkeys (listed in the 4th row) from dict to integer
with the lenght of 8.

However, it still does not work, showing the following error messge:  'ERROR : Global dictionary
couldn't be used for dimension column: DIM_DUI.DIM_DEVELOPER.DEVELOPER_ID'

I was wondering if there is any way that I could work around, because the situation tjhat
column serves as both measure and dimension is quite common in productive env