kylin-user mailing list archives

From Yuxiang Mai <yuxiang....@gmail.com>
Subject How to check count distinct global dictionary & bitmap storage size?
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 02:19:39 GMT
Hi, all

We are now testing Kylin count distinct function. It works good. But we
have some questions about the global dictionary & bitmap:

We need to do count distinct across cube segment on a bigint column, so we
use Global dictionary Builder. We found that the cube segment storage size
approximately double after adding count_distinct in measures. It's stated
that there are a global bitmap & dictionary to do the distinct.
I wonder how to check the size of the global bitmap & dictionary? Because
in Kylin web UI, we only can check the size of the cube segment. And where
is the  global bitmap & dictionary storage location? A cube segment is
stored as a table in HBASE, but I can't find any Hbase tables related to
the global bitmap & dictionary.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Yuxiang Mai